If “I’m hungry” is said on high repetition in your house, you are probably on an endless quest to find filling, delicious and healthy snacks.
Adding protein to your kid’s snacks is a sure-fire way to fill them up. It is also vital for brain development, organ function, muscle repair and a healthy immune system. Which is why our Super Kids NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN is formulated with organic all-plant ingredients and bursting with essential vitamins and nutrients your kids’ bodies crave.
Here are some of our favourite, easy go-to snacks for feeding ever-hungry growing kids.
- 1 scoop of Super Kids NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN Chocolate with milk
- Avocado (healthy fats!) smashed on rice cakes topped with blueberries
- Frozen grapes
- Peanut butter (the kind without added sugars) on apple wedges or banana
- Fresh fruit skewers and yogurt
- Vege crudités and hummus
- Tahini (like peanut butter but made of sesame seeds instead of peanuts) on rice cakes
- Fresh chunks of pineapple and ripe melon
- Wholemeal penne with homemade pesto
- Fiber-rich tortilla chips and salsa.
Or make a batch of our CHOCOLATE, GOJI BERRY AND PEPITA FUDGE
3 scoops Super Kids NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN
24 fresh pitted dates
2/3 cup pepitas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons runny honey
½cup goji berries
¼ cup pepitas extra
Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper, set aside.
In a food processor whiz together WelleCo Super Kids NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN, dates, pepitas, vanilla and honey until everything is well combined and coming together.
Tip mix in prepared loaf tin and press down using the back of a spoon. Top with goji berries and extra pepitas and press down lightly.
Refrigerate for two hours until set.
Remove from the tin using the baking paper to help you lift the fudge out. Slice into 4cm squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.