WelleCo formulator, Dr Simone Laubscher (PhD) talks us through The Evening Elixir’s strengths and tells us why she thinks this nightcap is her new favourite (and it might be yours too!)
WelleCo’s formulator, Dr Simoné Laubscher takes us through her favourite Evening Elixir benefits and corresponding ingredients so you can see for yourself why this glow-getting Elixir is the WelleCo evening treat on everybody's lips.
Q: What are the most important benefits and ingredients you’ve used in The Evening Elixir and how do they work?
A: The most important benefits (and ingredients) for skin health, rest and relaxation in The Evening Elixir include;
- Boosts skin collagen formation
“The Evening Elixir is formulated with plant-derived vitamin C from superfruit acerola. It encourages your body to produce more collagen while you sleep.”
- Contains antioxidants to protect cells from free radical damage
“We chose this antioxidant-rich acerola because it is high in flavonoids, anthocyanins (a special type of flavonoids that gives acerola the deep red colour) and phenolic acids, which are antioxidants that protect your cells against free radicals.”
- Supports nerve and muscle function
“We’ve included a good daily quantity of magnesium which is required for over 300 enzyme reactions in the body. In fact, The Evening Elixir includes 47% of the AU daily recommended intake. Magnesium ensures you’ll have supported your nervous system to encourage quality rest.”
How Dr Laubscher takes her Evening Elixir
“I mix mine with warm water plus a dash of unsweetened almond milk for a nourishing nightcap to not only calm my system into rest but to also give me peace of mind that my body (and skin) is receiving quality nutrients.”
Five Fun Facts
- The Evening Elixir is also formulated with micronutrient, Niacin which is a water soluble B vitamin. Vitamin B is an essential antioxidant that boasts an impressive eight different vitamins – one of which is Vitamin B3, otherwise known as niacin or niacinamide. It supports skin health, structure and function, along with maintaining the skin barrier and assisting in energy production.
- The Alkalised Cocoa Powder and Organic Cacao Powder used is 100% Certified Organic, Carbon Neutral Certified with Climate Active and made from fairly traded cocoa beans.
- The Organic Acerola Powder is made from green acerola pulp and 1 kg of freeze-dried powder is equivalent to 13.9 kg of natural pulp. The freeze-drying process creates a high-quality Elixir that contains all the nutrients found in the fruit itself.
- The Shiitake Mushroom Powder is 100% certified organic and the mushrooms are grown in soil that is rich in nutrients (decaying plants, green manure, micro-organisms) and free from herbicides and pesticides. It is also Carbon Neutral Certified with Climate Active.
- All ingredients used in The Evening Elixir are carbon neutral.